Join our team
Magee is a fifth generation Irish family business with over 150 years of experience in designing, weaving and tailoring. Today the Weaving Mill in Donegal Town exports fabric around the world, while the lifestyle collections across Men, Women, Home & Accessories are available through B2B channels and via the Magee stores (Magee of Donegal, Magee at South Anne Street and Magee at Arnotts) and online at www.magee1866.com. This iconic brand is built on a long standing heritage of quality design and looks forward to a sustainable future.
We wish to recruit an experienced Home & Giftware Buyer/Sales Adviser to join a team of energetic and enthusiastic people at our iconic store on The Diamond, where the atmosphere is personable but professional. The store showcases the Magee 1866 lifestyle collections across Men, Women, Home & Accessories, alongside a complimentary selection of gifts, homeware and artisan food. This role is responsible for purchasing and replenishing gifts, homeware and food items with guidance from Senior Management and selling to the customer ensuring a great in-store experience and encouraging repeat business.
HOME & GIFTWARE BUYER/SALES ADVISER – FULL-TIME
Key responsibilities are:-
- The ability to select the right products which will appeal to our existing customer-base and to potential new customers.
- Working to a specified budget and keeping a detailed record of all purchases on Excel, requiring excellent planning skills and attention to detail.
- Replenishing in a timely manner and merchandising so that the product looks fresh and appealing.
- Selling to the customer displaying excellent product knowledge and with the aim of increasing sales.
Key requirements are:-
- A good eye for quality merchandise with a focus on Irish brands.
- Exceptional communications and customer service skills.
- The ability to use one’s own initiative whilst being able to work as part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- Some buying experience in a similar retail environment would be a definite advantage.
- As there will be a requirement to attend buying shows, exhibitions etc a full clean driving licence is essential.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Excel.
This is a full-time role offering 37.5 hours per week spread across Monday – Sunday so full availability and flexibility are essential. Sundays are worked on a shared rota basis during peak season. Benefits include competitive rates of pay, commission, store discount, free parking, a generous workwear allowance and Company pension scheme after a qualifying period.
Please note we will only be responding to shortlisted candidates.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your CV to Ann Harley - firstname.lastname@example.org.