Who We Are
The Magee 1866 website is operated by Magee Clothing Limited. (Company Number: 8494)
Registered office: Magee of Donegal Limited, New row, Donegal Town, Co.Donegal, F94 TD00, Ireland.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing, to the address Magee 1866, New Row, Donegal Town, Co Donegal, Ireland. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer
- By email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone on 00353 74972 4836
It’s important to note that we do not sell, exchange or provide your personal data to third parties for their own use.PERSONAL INFORMATION
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address.What Personal Information do you collect about me?
When you shop in-store, browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Create a customer account
- Placing an order
- Registering to our mailing list
- Subscribe or interact with any marketing services or materials
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draws
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or live chat
- Registering to the loyalty scheme in-store
- CCTV security operations in-store
- Fulfilling orders or services in-store such as personal tailoring
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, we may collect your personal data.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Address details
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Encrypted password and payment information
- Customer Service correspondence records
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, referring URL and operating system.
- Order history and shopping habits or trends
- Cookies - for more information see below.
While our website is designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 13 or sell products to children. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit your data to the website.
What is done with this information?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide Customer Support. If you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We'll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Customer profiling – As outlined above, we may profile your data by segmenting by gender, country or age and other means to provide you with a personalised shopping experience via our website, email marketing or social media platforms. We will upload this data to our marketing platforms or services such as Google AdWords, this data will then be used to provide marketing promotions as outlined below.
- Fraud Prevention. To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- Marketing. If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details, you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these
- Online Ads. We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. Like many companies, we may target Magee 1866 display banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your personal data as outlined in our ‘Personal Information’ section. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
- Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools. We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google's interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Rakuten, Facebook, Google AdWords and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data.
How long will you keep my information?
- Customer and order information will be kept securely on our system until you ask us to remove it. Note: Purchase information retention is subject to regulatory mandates we must adhere to e.g. data retention requirements for tax reporting purchases.
- Encrypted Credit Card information will be purged every 365 days.
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active until you opt out from specific lists.
- Cookies - please refer to the section below or click here for more information on cookies and cookie duration.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information through our loyalty card program in store for marketing purposes, e.g. to offer you special discounts, we will request your permission explicitly, if not already granted.How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, if you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing will be terminated and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted.
Financial transaction data will be maintained as required by law.
You may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link on our newsletter emails, contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Magee 1866, New Row, Donegal Town, Co Donegal, Ireland.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you. E.g. provide your address to the courier to have your purchases delivered.IRP Commerce
Our store is hosted on the IRP Commerce platform provided by Export Technologies Ltd. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows you to buy our products and use our services.
Your data is stored through IRP Commerce's data storage, databases and the general IRP application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment through our website can be made via our secure check out pages using secure 3rd party payment service providers, e.g. credit card processors.
The IRP is PCI compliant. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. E.g. Couriers to deliver your purchases and marketeers to provide relevant marketing communications by Magee 1866.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider other legal obligations may be placed upon them by the laws of their jurisdiction.Links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow all PCI-DSS Level 1 requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites. Cookies are not computer programs and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
You may delete Cookies; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
In order to opt out of targeted advertising you need to disable your ‘cookies’ in your browser settings or opt-out of the relevant third-party Ad Settings.
From 26th May 2012 and in line with EU Cookie Directive, you can view details of types of Cookies that may be used on our website. To view details of these cookies please click here.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In compliance with The EU GDPR Directive 25th May 2018, if you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Data Protection Officer by email GCunningham@magee1866.com, phone 00353 7497 24814 or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.
You may also raise a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner by visiting the link https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/complaints/1592.htm, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning directly on 00353 7611 04 800.